February 22, 2010

It's the little things...

That make you appreciate where you are in life. Little victories that you can claim and treasure. Right now, I'm happy to report that I am typing this post with two hands. A little victory made possible by the fact that Wesley is sitting in his bouncer seat, happily looking around and kicking.

I'm ignoring the fact that that's all I have to talk about regarding Wes, unless you want a diaper count, tales of nursing marathons thanks to an impending growth spurt, or the riveting saga of how long it took to get out of the house to go to church yesterday.

I shall assume you don't, and move on to random thoughts I've had over the past few days.

Lysacek won! Yay! Plushenko's a turd.

US is ahead in medal count. Shock.

Sarcasm really doesn't do well online.

I miss my sister, but we both have infants and I never know when to call, especially since we never seem to have anything to talk about.

I finally decided on what I'm giving up for Lent. It's not going to be easy, but for the first time I think I'm giving up something that's really important to God. I don't think He really cares about what I've given up in the past, because it was never anything that really seperated me from Him. This year, I think I'm really beginning to understand what Lent is about, and how much of a journey it's supposed to be.

It's really sad when a government tax form says "Remember to write you Social Security number on you check."

It really sucks that we have to pay state taxes this year. Our federal refund more than covers it, but I induced for a reason!

And that was a short-lived victory, but I enjoyed it. Time to hold Wesley!

No comments: