December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday, and she is an awesome person. I don't know how much I've talked about her, but I love her like crazy. She is a rock for me, who is too often just in the background of my life. I can talk to her about nearly everything, and I find myself closer and closer to her every year.

She raised my sister, brother, and I basically by herself (even when she was still married). I love the man my dad was when I knew him, but before that he didn't have it all together, and that made life really hard for my mom. She had the three of us to take care of, and she always did, whether she thinks she always did a good job or not.

She never lost sight of what was important (or at least not for long enough for me to notice). She took care of us while teaching us to take care of ourselves, and has now let go as much or as little as each of us needs as we make our way into full adulthood. Most importantly, and the gift I most treasure, she held onto her faith and principles, and passed them on to us.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

1 comment:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy Belated birthday to your mom! She sounds like a wonderful mom!

I can't believe you're 38 weeks already! I'm so excited for you! I have some posts of yours to catch up on.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hugs!!