May 2, 2008

Organic orange

I'm having my afternoon snack, and today it's an orange. Specifically an organic orange, I'm not sure what variety. They were fairly inexpensive at Wal-mart, and organic is better for you, so I have them stashed at work. This is the first out of the package I've eaten, and it has ginormous seeds in it. The seeds in an orange really aren't all that interesting, but these are the biggest I've ever seen. I kinda want to plant one or two just to see if it would grow...they look healthy enough. Sometimes I eat a fruit and wonder if I've swallowed a seed, or do it on purpose for the fiber (pomegranates...it's good, I promise!), but these are crazy big, there's no way I would either swallow one, or if I did, I would know it. At least 1/2 an inch long and 1/4 of an inch wide and deep. If I hadn't seen so many non-organic orange seeds in my life (I grew up in Florida), I'm not sure I would believe these were organic.

1 comment:

Candid Carrie said...

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Organic Orange.

Couldnt' help myself. I really need to grow up, right?

Thanks for the link to my blog. I'll add you to my blog roll, too.