May 30, 2008

Will this week ever end?

This week at work I'm trying to do two people's jobs. Mine (and this is the busiest time of the month for me), and the receptionist's job. Why? Because she decided she would take the long Memorial Day Weekend and turn it into a vacation to see her family in Arkansas. Why did our boss approve this during my busiest time of the month and decide that I would take over her job as well? Because they want to kill me from exhaustion. I've worked 45 hours this week! Not including today. I refuse to work any overtime today. At 5:00 I'm going home, and I am going to sleep. Not only is this busy for me, but it would be busy for her if she were here because one of our groups did their open enrollment. So that's a lot of changes added on to the normal workload, plus everyone outside the office is trying to catch up so the phones are ringing off the hook. Why am I taking time out to post? Because I really, really needed a safe venting place. I can't say anything to my coworkers because my boss is so grateful that I'm working so hard, and I don't want it to get back to her that I think she was really mean by giving the other girl the week off. True, I could forget the other girl's job and just answer the phones and do my month-end stuff. I could also jump off a bridge. Ain't gonna happen. I just like to get things done, and the more pressure the harder and faster I work. So I'm scrambling to get everything done because I know it's the right thing to do. Sometimes I hate myself...

3 comments:

Ross said...

Don't hate youself K8E, there's people who care :)

Sorry to hear about your overly busy week.
Treat yourself to something special this weekend. I know, go have a massage!

I want a massage. They look so relaxing.

Candid Carrie said...

Oh dear, now I am stressed. I could feel the pressure mounting so I read faster and faster and faster and now I am exhausted. It's almost over ;)

K8E said...

I would love to relax this weekend...but I have to work some more. WAAAH! (That was supposed to be crying, but I'm not sure how to cry in text.)